July Favourites



Hey Howdy Hello!
As July draws to a close, I thought I’d share my thoughts on some of things I’ve been loving this month in the hopes that somebody might find it interesting.

So here it goes with my July favourites!!

-

I’m starting off with this little number…


This floral denim skirt was a bargain from Sainsburys. Since this month has been an absolute scorcher, I needed to buy some new clothes that weren’t Disney t-shirts and jeans (what a combo) so this skirt was a lovely little addition to my wardrobe! I wore it to Scarborough earlier this month and I can confirm that it’s one of the comfiest skirts I have ever worn. Not only that but it’s a decent length too, so I could play mini golf and not flash anybody #WinWin (even though I lost at mini golf).

Now onto my favourite part about this skirt...
As any girl will know, finding any item of clothing with decent sized front pockets is a struggle. I honestly wish clothes manufacturers would take into consideration that women need pockets too. I can’t keep relying on people to put my phone in their bag/pocket if I’m too lazy to take a bag out with me! But guess what guys… THIS SKIRT HAS POCKETS! Hallelujah!!! Finally, an outfit I can wear without worrying about where my phone is.


Item Number 2 is my MUA Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit!


Now I am the LAST person anybody would come to for makeup advise as I don’t know a lot about makeup and the best and latest products to use, but I could tell you a thing or two about the budget makeup I use to make myself look semi-decent in the morning. I was so pleased to discover this new range (MUA) in Superdrug because I’m always looking for the cheapest but good quality products in stores – particularly when it comes to makeup.

This is the first full month I have been using this product and so far, I can’t really fault it. It’s long lasting and easy to apply and it’s even shortened my ‘getting ready’ time in the morning which is a big deal if you know or live with me! Extra Bonus – It even comes with its own little pair of tweezers which is SO handy because I’m always forgetting where I left mine.


Next on my list is probably the thing I've used the most this month – my Beyond The Vote tote bag!


At the beginning of this month I helped out at a festival at my university marking 100 years of women’s suffrage. For the whole weekend I dressed up as a suffragette and visited many of the events during that weekend – a particular favourite was a talk from Rachael Maskell, Labour MP for York Central, discussing her experiences of being a woman in parliament and how important it is for women to engage in political debates.

Therefore, this tote bag is not only practical (as I’ve used it pretty much every day since I got it) but also quite sentimental in the fact that it reminds me of being apart of such an amazing and memorable experience.


Okay, so these next two I haven’t actually used yet but I’m SO excited to use them!!

First up… my new bumblebee oven glove!


This might seem more adult in some ways but in reality, my mum actually bought me this from B&M at only £2.99. We couldn’t not pick it up though, it’s super cute and will be perfect for my new uni house next year so I can’t wait to use it! *Yes I know how sad it seems that I’m excited to use an oven glove, but 1) it means I get food and 2) it’s the small things that make me happy*.


Second on the list of things I haven’t actually used yet is…. MY NEW SAUSAGE DOG BEDDING!!


I am OBSESSED with dachshunds! I think they are the cutest things to ever walk the Earth and I can’t wait until I finish uni and have my own house, so I can buy like 50 of them (I’m not even kidding). Until then though, I have to make-do with dachshund-esque things like this bedding from Asda! I’m not complaining though because it’ll make me even happier to go to bed!


Finally, we come to the last two things I have been loving this month – and they’re both in the form of TV/Film hurrah!

My absolute FAVOURITE TV show at the minute is definitely Brooklyn Nine-Nine!


I was a little late to the Nine-Nine party and got introduced to it by Eddie but DAMN I am LOVING it! I have just finished series 5 on Netflix and now I have to find another way to watch the next series because I can’t get enough of it! Also - big up to NBC for giving it another season hell yeah!!

In all seriousness, I pretty much do love everything about this show; it’s just ridiculously funny and there’s not a character in it that I don’t adore! But there’s nobody who can quite beat Andy Samberg, he is the God. And that is all.


NINE-NINE!


Okay so last but no means least, we get to my most recent favourite… Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again!


This was the second film I’ve seen at the cinema this month which I’ve absolutely loved (the first was Incredibles 2 which I wrote a whole blog post about so pls go check it out) and I know that there’s so many more films coming out this year that I can’t WAIT to see!

Anyway, this film was brilliant! As an avid Mamma Mia fan anyway, I knew I was going to love this film, but nothing prepared me for the rollercoaster that was this film! To start, the casting was AMAZING! I absolutely loved Lily James as young Donna and just couldn’t help myself at the end *little spoiler alert* when Meryl appears for the final song, I just can’t cope. All that aside, my favourite part has to be the three dads having a boogie to Dancing Queen – I was genuinely crying with laughter and every time I think about it since I just crack up again!


So that concludes my July favourites!
I’ve really enjoyed sharing my thoughts on the things I love, and I hope you’ve enjoyed reading too!

Em x

Comments

  1. Great post! I really enjoyed reading about your favourite things for the month. The bedding with the dogs on is so cute! I still haven’t go round to watching mamma Mia yet but it sounds great x
    A x | www.simplyxanna.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should go see it, it's sooo good! Glad you enjoyed the post! x

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post Em! I need that MUA brow palette - I have some liquid lips from them and they're stunning so I'd expect no less from the brow palette! Awe, I love the oven glove, so cute - B&M have some really good steals, I used to go there all of the time! x
    Marina Rosie x
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed the post! I may have to try out their liquid lips, I'm pretty impressed with the quality of their products. x

      Delete
  3. I really do need to write my latest favourites post! I adore that bedding though; and I can’t wait to see mamma Mia! Hoping to see it next week if I can drag my partner along!xx

    angelwingsandpetticoats.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to check yours out when you upload it! And you definitely need to see it, it's such a great film! Xx

      Delete
  4. Love the floral denim skirt! I haven't seen a denim skirt with this design before and it's pretty neat. I am the same when it comes to makeup - I only know about eyebrows XD. I like the tote - it delivers a powerful message. I've heard so many good remarks about the new Mamma Mia movie! Thanks for sharing your faves!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! I was so lucky to find this denim skirt, it's just so lovely! And it slightly frustrates me that I know nothing about makeup, it's refreshing to hear that it's not just me that has no clue! Xx

      Delete
  5. I’m LOVING the denim skirt!!! I find Brooklyn Nine-Nine is so funny, I actually need to watch it from start to finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, it's just my type of humour and I can't get enough of it! Xx

      Delete
  6. What a fun round up. My favs have to be Brooklynn 99 - that show is FUNNY. Really happy they renewed it and Rosa is my dream persona. I also like the Dachshund print. I have a lil weiner baby and she means so much to me. Great post!

    Olli - www.olliviette.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed this post! I agree, I absolutely LOVE Rosa, she's definitely one of my favourite characters! And I'm super jealous you have a lil dog, I can't wait to finally get one! Xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts