Reasons Why I Love Autumn!


Here in the UK we’ve had an amazingly hot summer and we’ve been extremely lucky. However, I’m SO glad we’ve seen the last of the hot weather for now and are now into the autumn months! I’m not a big fan of hot weather so I can’t wait for the cool nights to come; in this post, I’m going to share with you some of the reasons why autumn is my favourite season!


In my opinion, Autumn is THE prettiest season! All the golden-brown leaves surrounding the streets as they fall from the trees is my favourite thing. As much as I love blossom trees in spring, it’s not as pretty when it falls on the ground as it gets dirty quickly – not a pretty sight. Whereas in autumn, I enjoy kicking the leaves on the ground when I walk through them; it’s so satisfying and makes a really nice crunching sound which I’m not ashamed to say I love.

Despite looking amazing outside, there’s nothing I love more than staying inside on a cold day and that’s why autumn is best! I’ve found that it’s more acceptable to stay inside and do absolutely nothing when it’s autumn just because it’s cold outside. I love being able to stay in watching films under my blanket and drinking a tasty hot chocolate to keep me warm. I know this is probably more of a winter activity, but there’s nothing wrong with starting a season early and being comfortable for longer!

Nothing better than a hot choc in a Disney mug!

Warm jumpers are essentials in the autumn months and this makes me super happy because they’re my favourite things ever to wear. I just feel so much more confident in jumpers, particularly in the way I look because I’m not the most confident person when it comes to body image. Plus, they keep you toasty and comfortable when you have 9am lectures and all you really want is to be in bed – so that’s a bonus.

Jumper + Denim Jacket = Win

HALLOWEEN. That’s all I really need to say to prove why this is the best season. Granted, Christmas is my favourite holiday and the prettiest, but there’s something about Halloween which makes it a strong close second. Is it the fancy dress? Is it the pumpkins? Is it the one time of year when I can make Eddie watch a scary film? YES, YES and YES.

Hopefully Tess and I are going to attend York’s Hallowscream Maze again this year because last year it was the best thing I’ve ever done for Halloween. Full of jump scares, being pushed into walls (by Tess) and lots of laughs when it’s over, I can’t wait to do it all again this year.


It’s also my 20th birthday in November and birthdays are always exciting; that’s probably why autumn is my favourite season (let’s face it). Although this year is a bit scary because it means I’m not going to a teenager anymore *le cry*.

I hope you enjoyed a little insight into why I absolutely love autumn and the reasons why it’s my favourite season. It’d be great to hear what you’re most looking forward to in the autumn months so we can all get excited together!

Thanks for reading,

Em x

Comments

  1. Stomping on crunchy leaves is definitely one of the best parts of Fall and I'll never be too old to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luuuuuv a cosy night in with a film, big duvet, and cup of tea! Jumpers are the bestttt & I go full-on hobo mode at this time of year. My birthday is also in November, on the 18th, & I'll be 19 this year!! What day is your birthday?!

    twinklexthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn is bar far my favourite season and I admit I will go out of my way to step on a crunchy leaf or walk through a pile of leaves. 😍🍁🍂 A cup of hot chocolate is a must for me too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts